Monday, May 31, 2010

Preview- Moolamattom

Where do I start about my life at Moolamattom!!

I am totally at sea as I don’t know from where I can pen down my thoughts on my life at Moolamattom. I didn’t know anything about that place when I first heard about Moolamattom. Obviously no one will expect a 7yr old boy to know anything about a place like Moolamattom at that time. I think it was in the year ’87 Achan got transferred to Moolamattom from Neeleshwaram. I was in the middle of my 2nd standard. I don’t remember the exact month in which it happened. It might be Jan-Feb, I’m not sure of it. One thing that I knew was that I am going to miss all my friends out there.

When Achan went to Moolamattom, we three (Amma, Kingini and myself) went to Koyilandy. I think we stayed for 2-3 months, I’m not sure. Since it was in the middle of year with 2-3 monthly remaining to complete the academic year, we decided that I will be joining school in next academic year in the new class. Also we didn’t know anything about the new place. So Achan decided to go the new place initially and see how things are there and later we will join him if everything was alright.

Moolamattom was very far from Koyilandy. Also we can’t travel in train from Koyilandy to Moolamattom. I hate traveling in bus and I used to vomit while traveling in train. So whenever we used to travel in bus, I used to take ‘Avomin’ and sleep. So more bus travels and more ‘avomins’ to swallow. Achan told that we will be staying in staff quarters in Moolamattom. Also the entire set of quarters was location in big hill. So I was thrilled to hear that as I have seen those hills only in movies. Now I am going to stay in such place. Great!

Achan also enquired about the school and they agreed to take me in the new class. (3rd). It was a school run by nuns and it was supposed to be a good school in the locality. Name of the school was Sacred Hearts. Also there will be school buses that used to take us from our quarters to school. Sounds good. In the last school (Chinmaya mission Neeleshwaram), I used to walk to school as there was no school bus to our locality. Also there were more kids in the neighborhood. So I can play with them. But one thing that I didn’t like about the place was that, we will be traveling to Koyilandy only during the major holidays like Onam, Christmas and summer vacations. So only three visits a year! Now that’s not good. Kingini will also be joining in the new school in LKG.

Climate was also quite different there. It used to rain heavily in the months of June, July, Aug etc. So no going out and playing during those months. On added attraction was that we could see 2 waterfalls if we walk outside out house. Now that sounds good. I don’t think I have ever seen waterfall before that. That’s also good. I was really eager to go and see all these things over there.

Seems this were thoughts that I had before going to Moolamattom from what I heard from Achan.

Lets see how it goes from here. Will pen down more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment